Once again, one of my favorite, versatile ingredients shines. Whats better than waking up and having fresh granola with super cold milk, or on top of a fresh parfait. Granola is so lite and fresh, you can eat it alone or along with something else. I also love that there is no limit to what you can add to granola, almonds, walnuts, pistachios, different seeds, cranberries, raisins, maple syrup, nut butter. I’ll stop there but there are so many ingredients you can add, as long as you simply start with oats. I love opening the cupboard and using what I have on hand.
I had half a bag of dried cranberries in my cupboard and some almond butter I had recently made, so I decided why not do a cranberry and almond butter granola! It came out great, chewy cranberries, smooth creamy almond butter and crunchy oats. Yum!
Start by preheating you oven to 300 degrees. In a small bowl I started by melting honey and almond butter together. In a medium bowl I mixed the oats, cinnamon and cranberries together. Once the almond butter is creamy I added some vanilla extract, pour the mixture over you oats and mix until everything is evenly distributed.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper on pour the granola out into a thin even layer, allowing for even cooking. Bake for 35-40 minutes stirring every 10 minutes. The almond butter tends to cook quicker than peanut butter does, so just watch that nothing burns!
- 5 cups quick oats
- 1 - 1½ cups sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- Preheat oven to 300ºF.
- In a big bowl, mix oats, cranberries and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, vanilla extract, honey, and almond butter, and add to the dry mix.
- Stir everything until everything is wet and fully coated.
- In a large parchment lined baking sheet, place the mixture by spreading it evenly. Bake at 300ºF for 35-40 minutes, stirring it every 10 minutes until it's all golden.
- Let it rest and cool to room temperature.
- Once completely cooled, store in an airtight jar.