Now before I start let me just say, no where did I say carrots noodles or coodles or anything along those lines. These carrot ribbons are not trying to be noodles and they are certainly not, in my mind, a substitute. But they are an amazing side dish or a wonderful base to any entree! They are so simple and you can switch up the recipe however you like it. I always have whole carrots in the fridge and I most definitely always have garlic and butter, so right there you have an amazing dish. But you can add as many or as few ingredients as you wish, herbs go great with these.
Another great part, other than this being quick, easy and looking very fresh and beautiful, is that you don’t need any special gadgets to make them. All you need is a vegetable peeler and you will have beautiful carrot ribbons of your own.
Simply start by washing you carrots, on a cutting board, keep the carrot flat and run your vegetable peeler down to create ribbons. Continue that until you have about two cups, or as much as you want. Fill your pot with about 1-inch of water and bring to a boil, place your carrots in a steamer basket and steam about 3 minutes until crisp and tender. Remove your carrots and drain the water from the pot. In the same pot add the butter and garlic and sauté until tender, add in the preset and your carrot ribbons and stir until evenly mixed. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately!
- 6.7 whole, straight carrots
- 3Tbsp butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tsp fresh Parsley
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Lay one carrot flat on a counter or cutting board. Using a vegetable peeler, peel along the length of the carrot to create ribbons. Repeat the process, until the carrot is too thin to peel.
- Fill a saucepan with 1 inch of water, bring to a boil. Place carrot ribbons in a steamer basket or colander and place in the saucepan. Cover and steam for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, it doesn't take long to steam them!
- Remove the carrots and drain out the water. In the same pan add the butter and garlic, lightly saute. Add the parsley and carrots ribbons, mix until combined, serve immediately!