What’s better than a smooth relaxing start to your morning. Typically my mornings are a bit hectic, they usually include oversleeping, moving to slow, not enough coffee, and little or no breakfast. I wanted an easy, filling, on-the-go breakfast item. When I say easy, I mean easy, I didn’t want to have to pull out a pan or wait for something to cook, because well that isn’t fast or on-the-go.
These no-bake, make ahead granola bars are truly easy, delicious and they are customizable. You heard it, delicious, customizable, make-ahead and easy. Need more convincing. They are also kid friendly, kids love them, these are an easy way to sneak in some super foods.
I made my bars with oats, dried cranberries, unsweetened coconut flakes, sunflower seeds, raw pumpkin seeds and used peanut butter, agave and honey as my binder. You can chose what you add to these, here are some ideas.
- Mini chocolate chips
- Nuts: peanuts, cashews, almonds, pistachios
- Dried fruit: cranberries, cherries, pineapple, mango, raisins
- Seeds: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, flax seed
- Carob chips
- Coconut flakes
Start by deciding which add-ins you’ll want to use, In a small bowl mix peanut butter and honey together, this will be your binder, you can also use maple syrup, agave or other nut butters. In a large bowl combine your oats, cranberries, coconut flakes, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, stir to combine. Pour the peanut butter mix over the oat mixture, stir to evenly combine. Prepare a 9″x 13″ baking pan, line with parchment or coat with non-stick spray. Evenly press the oat mix in the bottom. place in the fridge 30-60 minutes until chilled and set. Slice into even bars, I wrapped each bar in parchment to make them super easy to grab in the morning.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey, or agave
- Mix the peanut butter and honey together until smooth. In a large bowl combine the oats and all the add in's, cranberries, seeds, and coconut, pour in the peanut butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Spray a 9"x13" pan or line with parchment. Pour in your oats mix and press down until even.
- Place in fridge to cool, about 30-60 minutes, cut into equal squares and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- **You can customize these bars with any ingredients you want, a good ratio is 2 cups oats: 1 cup of add-in's: 1/2- 1 cup of binder.