This orange bundt cake is perfect for brunch, a snack with tea, or for dessert. It has to be one of the easiest cakes I have made, it is so moist, so flavorful and comes together so quick. The first time I made this I got so many compliments, I knew it was a recipe that would stay. Adding orange zest to the cake batter really pops and the fresh juice in the glaze adds even more great flavor.
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F, grease a bundt pan with cooking spray. In a medium mixing bowl sift all the dry ingredients and mix to combine. In a separate mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients and whisk to combine. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet, mix until combined, but do not over mix. Pour the batter into the greased bundt pan and bake 30-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the glaze combine the icing sugar, orange juice and vanilla and mix until smooth. Set aside. Once the cake is done baking allow to cool, once the cake has cooled down pour the orange glaze over the top, slice and serve!!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice from about 3 oranges
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5-6 tablespoons orange zest from about 3 oranges
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups icing sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 F and prepare a bundt cake pan by greasing it well.
- 2. In a medium large bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients, and mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients and whisk until combined.
- 3. Slowly add the dry ingredient mix to the wet ingredients, and lightly whisk until combined. Do not over mix.
- 4. Pour the batter into the bundt cake and bake for about 30-40 minutes until lightly golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
- 5. Remove from oven and let cool till room temperature and then gently take out the bundt cake. Cool completely on baking rack.
- 1.Mix all the ingredients until fully combined.
- 2.Drizzle on completely cooled cake and serve.