I’m so excited to share this recipe, banana bread is a staple in my house, I love it, I would eat banana bread for every meal if I could. I constantly have bananas in the freezer so it makes whipping up a loaf so easy. I love giving bread as hostess gifts, especially banana bread because who doesn’t love it.
Recently I have been seeing many unique recipes for banana bread, I typically stay towards regular banana bread or add chocolate chips or walnuts. So I decided I needed to spice up my banana bread, literally, so I made Rum and cardamom banana bread. Just let me tell you, I was amazing. It had a lite spiced taste, and the rum wasn’t overpowering at all, it made the bread very moist!
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F, grease a 9×5 baking pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cardamom. In a separate bowl combine the melted butter, rum, milk, egg, mashed bananas and vanilla. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until combined. Pour into the greased baking pan and bake for 50-60 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool after baking, slice and serve!
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup rum
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cardamom.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut oil, rum, milk, egg, vanilla, and mashed banana until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan, bake for 60-65 minutes, until a wooden skewer comes out mostly clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes.