I recently loaded up on some very cheap cartons of strawberries, which I needed to use up before they started to get moldy. I needed some sort of breakfast item/ snack that I could grab quickly on the go in the morning or before work. But really who doesn’t, I can’t be the only one too lazy to whip up a meal in the morning or the only one that than just doesn’t eat most of the day because of my bad morning routine. So why not make them into muffins, quick, convenient, mess-free, and they come in their own packages basically.
You can make these muffins with any type of fruit if you don’t have strawberries, you could do cherries, bananas, raspberries, this recipe is just a guideline. Start by preheating your oven too 350 degrees F, line a muffin tin with cupcake wrappers or parchment paper. I got 12 muffins out of this recipe.
In a large mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a separate small mixing bowl combine the wet ingredients, milk, oil, egg and vanilla. Clean and diced your strawberries and set aside in a separate bowl. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together until combined, than gently fold in the strawberries.
Fill up each muffin tin about 2/3 full and bake 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted, comes out clean. Allow to cool on a cooling rack, eat warm or keep in a air tight container for up to a week.
- 1 1.2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line your muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together milk, oil, egg and vanilla until well combined, combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until combined. Gently fold in diced strawberries.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Fill your muffin cups 2/3 full and bake 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.