Whats better to kick off fall, than with a one pot chicken chili? With the leaves changing and the air getting cooler a one pot hearty soup is perfect. As i always say soup is one of my favorite meals to make, its quick, its easy and its a great way to use up old pantry items and half used containers in the fridge. Plus soup is great as a leftover and makes awesome lunches for the week .
I’m pretty much convinced I like white chicken chili more than regular beef chili, its light, creamy, cheesy and I love the pop of corn. Soup is such wonderful thing to serve for a crowd or a family dinner, keep it warm on a back burner or in a crock pot and it’s ready to eat at any time! I love setting up soup bars, with a couple different options of soup and an array of toppings. All your guests need to do is grab a bowl and pick their toppings!
This chili comes together in about a half an hour, all in one pot and can be customized however your prefer! The perfect way to spend a cool night inside. Start by Heating up your oil in a dutch oven or stock pot, once the oil is hot add in your diced onions and spices, saute until the onion is translucent, add in diced chicken and saute until the chicken is cooked, about 3-4 minutes.
Add in the carton of chicken stock, or make your own with our Homemade Chicken Stock Recipe, add in the water and cream of chicken soup as well, stir until mixed. Add in the beans, corn and chili, mix again to incorporate. Bring to a boil, than reduce heat and add in the shredded cheddar, stir to combine. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes to thicken. Serve with your favorite toppings, We like tortilla strips, more shredded cheese, sour cream and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion. diced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tsp cumin
- 1 Tsp oregano
- 1/4 Tsp cayenne or crushed pepper
- 2 chicken breasts cut into cubes
- 1 32 oz carton chicken stock
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 7 oz can diced green chilies
- 1 can corn
- 3 cans great northern beans; drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tortillas strips and cilantro, optional for garnish
- Heat oil in a large dutch oven, saute onions and spices for 3 to 4 minutes over med/high heat.
- Add chicken cubes and continue to saute until chicken is cooked.
- Add broth, water and cream of chicken soup to pot, stir until mixed in.
- Add the white beans, corn and diced green chili
- Turn up heat and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, add shredded cheese. Stir to melt cheese, simmer for another 20 minutes or so. Chili will thicken as it cooks.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as tortillas strips, cheese, sour cream and cilantro!