Leftover Halloween Candy. I know you have it, we sure do. Obviously I could sit all day and eat piece by piece but isn’t it more fun baked into a delicious cookie bar. Everyone loves blondie’s and cookie bars so imagine how good kit kats and reeses cups are baked into chewy bars. This is a great recipe to make with kids, let them pick what candy they want to add to the bars, chocolate based treats work best.
As you can see when we made these we turned them into blondie’s but you can add them to brownies or cookies for more tasty treats. I brought these to a work potluck and they were a hit, Halloween candy apparently makes them look more fancy. I used kit kats, resses cups, milk duds and whoppers in mine. Someone at all the M&Ms, I wonder who. The variety of candy adds nice texture to the bars.
Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees F, Spray an 8×8 baking pan with cooking spray, set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer combine butter, white sugar and brown sugar, mix together until creamed. Add in the eggs one at a time, as well as the vanilla extract and mix to combine. Gently mix in the flour and salt.
Fold in half of the chopped, assorted candy. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan, smooth out evenly and sprinkle the remaining candy on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool, cut into 16 even pieces and serve!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup chopped Halloween candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, spray an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray, set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer cream together sugar and butters. Add in the eggs one at a time and the vanilla extract, mix to combine.
- Add in the flour and salt and mix until combined, gently fold in half of the assorted candy.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, then sprinkle the remaining Halloween candy over the top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let the bars cool before cutting into 16 equal bars, serve and enjoy!