On the hunt for a new weeknight side dish everyone is sure to love, roasted cauliflower steaks are exactly what you need. Roasted vegetables are by far my favorite, roasting them changes the flavor and adds caramelization.
Cauliflower is a great base for adding flavor, it soaks up sauces well and it’s fairly mild which allows it to pair well with other flavors, Plus it’s cheap! You can make these cauliflower steaks into a dinner themselves or make them into a nutritious side dish.
I roasted them with olive juice and lemon, than after roasting I poured a little spiced oil on top, sprinkled a little crumbled feta and some toasted pepitas. The perfect combination of creamy and crunchy. You can switch it up and add any of your favorite toppings. We also like using pepper jam, pesto, goat cheese, sunflower seeds, and fresh herbs.
For the roasted cauliflower steaks, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F, Keeping the head of cauliflower together, slice thick steaks, you should get about 3-4 out of one head of cauliflower. The ends will crumble into florets, just save those for a later use. Line the heads of cauliflower on a sheet tray, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast for 15-20 minutes until tender.
In a small bowl mix oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and chili powder, drizzle over the roasted cauliflower steaks. Toast the pepitas in the oven until they are golden brown and start to pop. Sprinkle the toasted pepitas and crumbled feta over the top of the steaks. Serve and enjoy!
Lemon Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with pepitas and Feta
- 2 Heads Cauliflower, sliced into steaks
- 1 Lemon
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Parsley
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F, spray a baking sheet with cooking spray, set aside.
- Clean the cauliflower heads, keeping the core together slice the cauliflower into thick steaks, you should get 3-4 per head. Lay the steaks out in a single layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle each steak with olive oil and lemon juice, season with salt and pepper,
- Roast the cauliflower steaks for 15-20 minutes until tender. Keep the oven on a toast the pepitas until they are golden brown, 5-6 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, red pepper flakes, chili powder and parsley. Once the steaks are done drizzle with the oil mixture, sprinkle with the toasted pepitas and crumbled feta.