What’s Christmas without an abundance of cookies? I highly suggest making these adorable thumbprint cookies during your holiday baking session. They are the perfect bite sized flavor bomb. I love making thumbprint cookies for the holidays because they are a fun treat everyone can help make.
You can make these with any type of jam or jelly you would like, in the past I have done them with strawberry jelly and dyed the white chocolate green, so they are even more festive. The best part is you probably already have all the ingredients on hand, Who doesn’t have a couple half used jars of jelly in their fridge.
These are very easy to transport which makes them even better in my mind. There have been times in the past when I have made cakes or cookies that aren’t easy to package or transport. No one likes opening their container and realizing everything shifted during the ride and now your once beautiful cookies are ruined and no one will know how great they had looked.
More Cookies to Try:
To start these thumbprint cookies, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, spray or line a cookie sheet, set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add in the egg yolks one at a time, and the vanilla, mix again until smooth.
Slowly add in the flour and salt, mix until a dough forms. Using a cookie scoop or a measuring spoon scoop the dough out into 1-inch balls, Spread them out on the cookie sheet, using your thumb or a measuring spoon press down on the middle of the cookie to make an indentation. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cookies have set up.
If the indentations need to be refined after baking gently press them down again, than fill with the jelly and bake again 3-4 minutes. The cookies should be golden brown and the jelly should be glossy. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack, melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the cookies. Allow to cool before enjoying!
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 8 oz Grape jelly
- 4 oz White Chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, spray or line a cookie sheet, set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Mix in the egg yolks, one at a time, add in the vanilla, mix until smooth.
- Slowly add in the flour and salt, mix until a dough forms. Using a cookie scoop or a measuring spoon, form the dough into 1 inch balls. Lay them out on a cookie sheet, use your thumb or a measuring spoon to make indents in the middle.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from oven and fill the indentations with the jelly. Bake again for 3-4 minutes, the cookies should be golden brown and the jam should be glossy. Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the cookies. Allow to cool on a cooling rack before serving.