Lately I have been posting a lot of desserts and treats, all so delicious but all very indulgent. While I will never decline a sweet treat, I do also truly enjoy healthy salads, sandwiches, and veggies. I love salad in the winter time, it’s such a great way to add color to any meal. Especially during holidays meals, we always have roasts, casseroles, rolls, potatoes, and all the desserts you can think of. I always like to have a salad to make it seem like i’m eating something healthy. I like to tell myself it evens out.
I love fruit on my salads, peaches, plums, berries, cranberries, and since its the perfect season, pomegranates. Not only do pomegranate seeds add amazing color but they also add nice pops of flavor. I like using spinach as my salad base, because it’s soft but it also hold up nicely, it has a nice mellow flavor and it pairs well with just about any topping.
This salad came together in less than 10 minutes and makes a great side dish, Add some grilled shrimp or chicken and you have a lovely, filling meal. The spicy brown mustard vinaigrette is very lite but also loaded with flavor. The walnuts add a nice buttery flavor, and the feta cheese add a nice tangy addition. I think it’s time you all whips this salad up for you next weeknight dinner or holiday meal.
In a mixing bowl combine the spicy brown mustard, yellow mustard, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper, whisk to combine. Drizzle the olive oil in while continuing to whisk. Keep mixing until a dressing forms.
In a large bowl combine the spinach, walnuts, feta cheese, pomegranate seeds, and the mustard vinaigrette, toss to combine. Plate on a serving tray, sprinkle with more feta and pomegranate and enjoy!
- 4 cups Spinach
- 1/2 cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Spicy brown mustard
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 tbsp Yellow mustard
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the spicy mustard, yellow mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. whisk to combine. Add in the balsamic, mix again. Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking. Mix until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, chopped walnuts, feta, pomegranate seeds. Toss to combine, drizzle the mustard vinaigrette over the top, toss again to combine and serve.