Happy Wednesday! Is anyone else stuck inside because of this polar vortex? Because we are, it’s been -20 all day now. Work and school is cancelled so in my mind that calls for staying inside all day doing a whole lot of nothing. Except maybe for some baking. While I know you have probably seen a zillion recipes for banana bread. I’m sharing my ultimate favorite recipe for banana bread that I have ever made.
In our household we love adding extra treats into our banana bread. Some of our favorites, walnuts of course, chocolate chunks, peanut butter swirls, extra banana chunks, and butterscotch chips.
More Quick Bread Recipes:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, grease a 9×5 loaf pan, set aside for later. In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar together until smooth, 2-3 minutes. Add in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla extract, mix until incorporated.
In a separate mixing bowl mash the ripe bananas, scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, add in the mashed bananas and milk and mix again until incorporated. In a separate mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda, mix together.
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until a batter comes together. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the chopped walnuts or chocolate chunks. Pour into the prepared loaf pan. If desired, take another ripe banana and slice it in half, lay the halves on top of the batter. This adds extra banana flavor and a nice presentation.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Once done baking, allow to cool before slicing. Slice and serve, best served immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
The Very Best Banana Bread
- 4 Large, Ripe Bananas
- 1 Stick Unsalted butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Chopped Walnuts or Chocolate Chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, grease a 9x5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar until smooth, 2-3 minutes. Add in the eggs and the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mash the ripe bananas, scrape down the side of the mixing bowl, add in the mashed bananas and the milk, mix to incorporate.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda, mix to combine and add into the wet mixture. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts or chocolate chunks and pour into the prepared loaf pan. If desired cut an extra ripe banana in half and lay it along the top of the batter, this just adds extra banana flavor and nice presentation.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow to cool before slicing, serve and enjoy.