I know we are all fighting for it to be spring, especially since we got a little tease of warm weather after the polar vortex passed through. As much as I can’t wait for warmer weather, I sure do love my soup. I still eat it in the spring time, but it’s so warm and comforting in the winter.
This Tuscan white bean and sausage soup is the perfect mix of smooth white beans, spicy sausage, and tender veggies. I like to add a little cream to mine for extra richness but you can definitely make this a stock based soup. In the past I have made white bean and sausage soup without the veggies and just added in some cubed potatoes, but I have to say the carrots and spinach not only add nice color but great flavor and texture as well. As usual this is another one pot soup, that makes clean up a breeze!
Try these other delicious One-Pot “Soups”:
In a large dutch oven or stock pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat, add in the mild sausage and saute until brown, 4-5 minutes. If your sausage came in casing simply slice through the casing and remove the sausage from the inside. Once the sausage is brown add in the minced garlic and saute until fragrant 1-2 minutes.
Add in the chicken stock, I use 64 ounces, which is two cartons of chicken stock, if you only have on you can substitute water for some of the stock. Also add in the diced carrots, bay leaves, and drained cannelini beans. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 8-10 minutes. The carrots should be tender.
Reduce heat to a simmer and add in the spinach, salt, pepper, and thyme. Stir to combine, the spinach only needs to cook for 1-2 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and stir in the heavy cream, you can omit the cream if you want a broth based soup, but I like adding a little richness. Serve ad enjoy!
Tuscan White Bean & Sausage Soup
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 lb Mild Sausage, Casing removed
- 64 oz Chicken stock, that is two cartons
- 4 Large Carrots, diced
- 2, 15 oz Cans, White cannelini Beans, drained
- 3 cups Spinach or Kale
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- In a large stock pot heat olive oil over medium high heat, ad in the mild sausage. If it comes in casing just slice the sausage open and remove it from the casing. Saute until cooked through, 4-5 minutes. Add in the minced garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Add in the chicken stock, diced carrots, bay leaf, and cannelini beans, bring to a boil over high heat. Allow to boil 8-10 minutes, than reduce to a simmer. The carrots should be tender.
- Add in the spinach, salt, pepper, and thyme, Stir to combine. The spinach only needs a few minutes to cook. Remove the bay leaves and add in the heavy cream, stir again to combine, serve and enjoy!