Skillet cookies have to be the ultimate group (or solo) dessert every invented. I mean it is the perfect single serving, am I right? I love the look of serving baked goods straight out of a cast iron skillet, it is rustic but still looks beautiful and delicious. I also quite enjoy any and all types of cookies, chocolate chip being my all time favorite of course.
So I decided to do a classic chocolate chip cookie with peanut butter swirled in and extra chocolate chips on top. Interested yet? Yeah we were too. Whats even better, this all comes together inside the skillet, like you can make the dough in the skillet as well. That’s a win-win for fewer dishes.
Normally I would serve this with a big scoop of ice cream in the middle and some hot fudge on top, but we wanted to make sure you got a good look at the cookie itself. Skillet cookies are great for day to day basis, but they are so cute to do for a small birthday party or even to bring to a potluck.
More great cookie recipes to try:
Place you 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat, melt the butter until it becomes foamy, than whisk in the white and brown sugar, and the vanilla extract. Stir this mixture until the sugar has dissolved, than remove from the heat and allow to cool for about 5-10 minutes before adding in the eggs.
Once cooled, add in the whole egg and the egg yolk, stir to incorporate. Than fold in the flour, salt, and baking soda, until fully mixed in. Spread the cookie dough out evenly, dollop the peanut butter on top of the cookie dough and using a butter knife or a toothpick swirl the peanut butter throughout the cookie, than fold in the chocolate chips and bake at 350 degrees F for 16-18 minutes until the edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Allow to cool slightly before serving, top with your favorite ice cream, hot fudge, white cream, and any other toppings, and enjoy!
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- 1 stick Unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Smooth Peanut Butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 10-inch cast iron pan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in both sugars and vanilla. Cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before adding the the whole egg and the egg yolk. Stir to combine. Add in the flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir until fully mixed.
- Spread the cookie evenly in the pan. Dollop the peanut butter on top of the cookie ad using a butter knife or a toothpick, swirl the peanut butter throughout. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until the edges turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly and serve with your favorite ice cream!