Cookies are one of my favorite things to bake, so simple but at the same time you can be so creative with them. I’m always looking for new recipes to try, when I came across a recipe for brown sugar cookies, it got me thinking. How could I come up with my own recipe for chewy brown sugar cookies… They are just how they sounds, sugar cookies, made with mostly brown sugar! Such an easy swap, but it definitely makes a difference.
I do have to tell you these are so so so amazing right out of the oven. I mean all freshly baked cookies are amazing straight out of the oven, but these, there was something different about these. I highly recommend risking burning your mouth to eat these while they are still warm. After I made these I was thinking of ways to make them even better.
This is a great base cookie dough recipe, in my mind better than plain old sugar cookies. But what would make them better? Adding in caramel, white or dark chocolate chunks, hazelnuts, mini M&M’s. I could go on, but the possibilities really are endless. I say you indulge yourself and make these as soon as possible.
Try my other delicious Cookie recipes:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, line a sheet pan with parchment paper or a silpat, set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the 2 sticks of softened butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Cream until smooth 2-3 minutes. Add in the eggs and the vanilla, mix again to incorporate.
In a separate mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, stir to combine. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet. Mix until fully incorporated. To bake these cookies, you can either roll them out and cut cookies out using a cookie cutter or you can use a cookie scoop and scoop cookies out.
For these I wanted to make larger cookies so I used a scoop and scooped out a larger scoop of dough, than just used my hands to better form it into a ball. But these will bake like regular sugar cookies if you want to cut them into shapes. Lay the cookies out evenly spaced on the sheet pan. Bake at 350 for 13-15 minutes until golden brown. The cookies will still be very soft and gooey but they will set up.
Chewy Brown Sugar Cookies
- 2 Sticks, unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the 2 sticks of butter with the white and brown sugar. Cream until smooth, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the 2 eggs, and the vanilla extract. Mix until incorporated.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stir to combine. Slowly add in the wet mixture until evenly mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment or a silpat. You can either roll the cookie dough out and cut out with cookie cutters, or scoop the dough out into balls and bake like that. **I like bigger cookies, so I scooped the dough out using a cookie scoop and roll them with my hands.
- Bake at 350 degrees, for 13-15 minutes, until golden brown. **The cookies will still be very soft and gooey, but they will set up.