Recently there was a huge sale on pork chops. I came home one day and there was a bag of probably 10 lbs of pork in my fridge. I like pork but, I mean what was I supposed to do with 30 pork chops? So I started thinking of some creative things to do with them. But at some point or another I always go back to my trusty smothered pork chops.
Who doesn’t love creamy, cheesy, garlic wine sauce? And pour over a perfectly seasoned, perfectly cooked pork chop, delicious. This clearly wasn’t going to be a low-carb recipe, so why not serve this with mashed potatoes. It makes this dish 100 times better. So, I highly suggest you make these smothered pork chops, they look fancy and time consuming, but know one has to know how easy they were.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, In a small bowl combine the chili powder, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, stir to combine. Heavily season both sides of the pork chop with the seasoning. In a large saute pan heat oil over medium- high heat,lay the pork chops in a single layer. Cook the pork chops 2-3 minutes per side.
Remove from pan, transfer to a sheet pan and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, depending on thickness. While the pork chops are baking, in the same pan, add in the garlic, saute over medium heat until fragrant. Deglaze with white wine, allow to white wine to cook down for 2-3 minutes. Add in the cream, cream cheese, and shredded mozzarella. Stir to combine, you may need to stir for a little to allow the cream cheese to melt.
Add in the chopped thyme and basil, stir again. Remove the pork chops from the oven, transfer them back in the saute pan, and spoon the sauce over the top. Serve and enjoy!
Creamy garlic smothered pork chops
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 4 Boneless pork chops
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup White wine
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tbsp Cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Shredded mozarella
- 1 tsp Thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp Basil, chopped
- In a small mixing bowl combine, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and sugar. Season pork chops heavily on both sides with seasoning mixture. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat, lay the pork chops out in a single layer, saute on each side for 3-4 minutes, until browned. Once brown remove pork chops from the saute pan, place on a sheet pan and transfer to oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until cooked thoroughly.
- Using the same saute pan, add in the minced garlic and saute until fragrant, deglaze the pan with white wine, and cook for 2-3 minutes, allowing the wine to reduce. Reduce the heat to low and add in the cream, cream cheese, and shredded mozzarella. Stir to combine.
- Mix in the chopped thyme an basil, once the pork chops are done cooking place them back in the pan and pour the sauce over the top!