Looking for a quick snack the whole family will love? Sneak these carrot ‘fries’ in and no one will even know they aren’t potatoes. Plus come on, who doesn’t love crispy, oven-baked fries loaded with Parmesan cheese? I always have some type of carrot in my fridge whether I have baby carrots, or unpeeled whole carrots, or fresh green top carrots form the farmers market. They are an extremely versatile, low-budget vegetable.
Feel free to adapt this recipe with any flavorings you would like, you can never go wrong with Parmesan but have fun experimenting with other flavors! While your at it, try some of these other unique carrot recipes,
- Molasses & Soy Glazed Carrots
- Spiced Carrot Cake Loaf
- Roasted Rainbow Carrots
- Oven Roasted Carrots and Beets
- Carrot Ribbons in a Parsley Butter Sauce
Start by cleaning and peeling the whole carrots. You do not have to peel them if you do not wish to, actually I rarely ever peel mine at home, just give them a good scrub and they are good to go, think of it the same as eating the skin of a potato. Slice you carrots into even sized ‘fries’, transfer to a mixing bowl,
Into the mixing bowl, add in the olive oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chopped parsley and chopped rosemary. Using a large spoon or your hands toss to combine all the ingredients, all the carrots should be evenly coated. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, transfer the coated carrot fries to the prepared sheet.
Bake at 425 degrees F, for 15-20 minutes until tender but crispy. While the carrots are baking you can make the chipotle sauce. In a small mixing bowl combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, chopped chipotle pepper, lime juice, lime zest, Worcestershire, garlic powder, paprika, cayenne pepper. Stir well to combine, transfer to a serving bowl.
Once the carrots are done baking, transfer them to a serving dish and serve along side the chipotle sauce. These are best served immediately!
Parmesan and Herb roasted Carrot fries with Chipotle dipping sauce
- 2 Pounds Whole Carrots, peeled and sliced into 'fries'
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- 2 Tbsp Fresh or dried parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Chipotle chili pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1/2 Lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 Tsp Worchestershire
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Clean and peel the carrots, slice into even size fries, transfer to a large mixing bowl. Toss in olive oil, Parmesan cheese,salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, and rosemary. Toss to evenly coat. Lay out in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 degrees F, for 15-20 minutes until tender and crispy.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the buttermilk, mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, lime juice and zest, Worcestershire, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne. Mix to combine.
- Serve the roasted carrot fries along with the chipotle dipping sauce, serve immediately for best results. Top with extra Parmesan if desired.