Since you’re reading this, it must mean you have amazing taste and a weak spot for a good cocktail. The holiday’s aren’t only for baking, why not take advantage of seasonal ingredients in more way than one. I recently made my Spiced Apple Cider Donut Muffins, which were so incredibly delicious! That left me with some leftover apple cider, now I could have just warmed some up and drank it as intended – but where’s the fun in that? I also could have made another batch of muffins – but I had already eaten my fair share. So, a fun cocktail it was!
I recently found these amazing coupe glasses at Goodwill, my absolute favorite place to find fun, random goodies for my shoots. Plus, we all know how great Goodwill is at giving back to the community, a true win-win for everyone. I just had to put these to use and just let me tell you, this cocktail has amazing color.
Besides the drink itself – I love coming up with fun ways to garnish! While these don’t actually have any “apple” in them per se, I had to garnish with a super thin apple slice, I wanted them to lay more vertical, but they decided to float. Either way, I think the apple makes it. I also just had to add a cinnamon stick for some texture and it works as the perfect stirring stick. What would you garnish with?
I asked the question on Instagram, wondering if people were interested in holiday cocktails or if they just wanted to stick with the basics… Let’s just say, they are my kind of people, 100% of people said they would be down for any and all holiday cocktails! Safe to say, there will be many more on the way.
In small bowl or rimmed plate combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Dip the rim of your glass in caramel sauce and then dip to coat in the brown sugar & cinnamon mix. Set aside, repeat on as many glasses as needed – this coating will stay put for a good while!
In a cocktail shaker or large glass combine the spiced apple cider, caramel or vanilla vodka, and butterscotch schnapps over ice. Shake vigorously until combined. Carefully pour into your rimmed glass, garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks, and enjoy! Repeat for remaining cocktails.
Caramel Apple Martini
- Cocktail Shaker – not necessary, but helpful!
- 4 ounces Spiced Apple Cider
- 2 ounces Caramel or Vanilla Vodka
- 1 ounce Butterscotch Schnapps
- Caramel sauce, brown sugar, and cinnamon for the rim
- Apple slice and cinnamon sticks, for garnish
- In small bowl or rimmed plate combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Dip the rim of your glass in caramel sauce and then coat in the brown sugar & cinnamon mix. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker or large glass combine the spiced apple cider, caramel or vanilla vodka, and butterscotch schnapps over ice. Shake vigorously until combined. Pour into your rimmed glass, garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks, and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
Share your photo with me! Tag @theheartylife on Instagram and hashtag #theheartylife