With spring just around the corner, I’m feeling like some fresh, bright cocktails are needed. I’ve always loved the classic Paloma, packed with fresh citrus, a little carbonation and a salted rim. But I also love spicy margaritas, so why not combine the two and do a spicy grapefruit Paloma!
I did a fun rim of tajin on this cocktail, tajin is a seasoning blend of mild chili peppers, lime, and salt. It adds the perfect touch of color and flavor to this drink. A few slices of muddled jalapeño add just enough heat, which pairs so good with the refreshing grapefruit juice or soda. I like to use fresh grapefruit juice and top my cocktail off with a splash of club soda, but this is also delicious with grapefruit juice.
If you like this Spicy Grapefruit Paloma, you’ll be sure to love these other cocktails!
Rim a cocktail glass with tajin or salt. Combine the thinly sliced jalapeño and the fresh lime juice. Muddle until the jalapeño starts to break down. Add in the tequila and grapefruit juice or soda. Top off with a splash of club soda, stir to combine. Add ice, garnish with a slice of grapefruit and enjoy!
**Tajin is a blend of mild chili peppers, lime, and salt. If you do not have tajin for the rim you can use plain salt or combine salt, lime zest, and a little chili powder!
- Tajin or salt for the rim
- 1 small Jalepeno, thinly sliced
- 1/2 oz. Fresh lime juice
- 2 oz. Tequila of choice (blanco or repasado)
- 4 oz. Fresh grapefruit juice or grapefruit soda
- Club Soda
- Take a lime wedge and rim a cocktail glass, dip the rimmed glass in tajin or salt.
- Add the thinly sliced jalapeño and fresh lime juice to the glass, muddle until the jalapeños start to break down. Add in the tequila and grapefruit juice or soda. Top off with a splash of club soda, stir to combine. Add ice, garnish with a slice of grapefruit and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
I would love to see! Make sure to take a picture and post to Instagram with the tag @theheartylife and hashtag #theheartylife