These antipasto skewers are quick and perfect for gatherings! With a mix of tortellini, basil, cherry tomatoes, olives, roasted red peppers, marinated artichokes, pesto. You can use any combination of meat and cheese that you prefer. Or choose from a mixture of olives, fresh veggies, pickles, roasted red tomatoes or other marinated items. Assemble all of the skewers the same or switch up how you add ingredients and make each one unique!
Use wooden or metal skewers to make the antipasto skewers
If you like these antipasto skewers, you’ll love…
These antipasto skewers can be made ahead of time!
Firstly, prepare skewers ahead of time. Secondly, store in an airtight container in the fridge. Thirdly, brush with extra pesto prior to service. Transfer to a serving platter and serve!
- Cured Italian meat ( salami, pepperoni, sopressata, capicola, these are just a few ideas)
- Cheese (mozzarella pearls, cubed pepper jack, cheese curds, cheddar cheese, gouda, just to name a few)
- Marinated tomatoes
- Roasted red peppers
- Olives & pickles
- Cherry tomatoes
Instructions for the antipasto skewers:
Firstly, cook tortellini according to package directions, toss in olive oil and let cool completely.
Secondly, assemble the skewers as desired, layering the tortellini, mozzarella, salami, roasted red pepper, marinated artichokes, olives, basil leaves, and cherry tomatoes. Finally, brush each skewer with pesto, arrange on a serving dish and enjoy!
- Metal or wooden skewers
- 10 oz. Cheese tortellini, cooked
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup Assorted olives
- 10 oz. Thinly sliced salami*
- 8 oz. Mozzarella pearls*
- 8 oz. Roasted red peppers, cut into large chunks
- 8 oz. Marinated artichoke hearts, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup Pesto, homemade or store bought
- Fresh basil
- Cook tortellini according to package directions, toss in olive oil and let cool completely.
- Assemble the skewers as desired, layering the tortellini, mozzarella, salami, roasted red pepper, marinated artichokes, olives, basil leaves, and cherry tomatoes. Brush each skewer with pesto, arrange on a serving dish and enjoy!
Did you make this recipe?
I would love to see it! Take a picture and post to Instagram with the tag @theheartylife and the hashtag #theheartylife