This 5-minute Whipped Ricotta Dip with Pepper Jelly is a great last minute appetizer. Creamy ricotta topped with honey and pepper jelly, served with grilled pitas. The pepper jelly adds a nice sweet and spicy addition, combined with the cool ricotta this is a refreshing dip. Perfect for a summer evening spread or an addition to any dinner party. Keep this recipe in your back pocket as it is a definite crowd pleaser!
What does whipped ricotta taste like?
Whipped ricotta is light, creamy, with a slight tangy flavor. Adding in honey and garlic gives it a sweet yet fragrant flavor. A swirl of pepper jelly enhances the richness by adding a slight spice.
How long does whipped ricotta last in the fridge?
Whipped ricotta is best served immediately but it will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days.
Highlights of this sweet whipped ricotta:
- Comes together in a matter of minutes
- Inexpensive to make
- Simple appetizer, just a handful of ingredients
- Good mix of sweet and salty
- Made with simple ingredients
Tools I used for this whipped ricotta recipe:
- Ninja Food Processor – my favorite affordable, yet powerful food processor, perfect for whipping this ricotta dip.
- Griddle Pan – perfect for grilling pitas quickly indoors.
Ingredient List (you need just 7 simple ingredients!):
- Whole-milk Ricotta
- Sweet Honey
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Kosher salt
- Pepper Jelly
- Pita Bread Rounds (or substitute baguette slices, sourdough bread, or pita chips)
- Lemon or lemon zest
- Fresh herbs for garnish
If you like this 5-minute Whipped Ricotta Dip with Pepper Jelly, you’ll love these other favorite appetizers…
Grilled pitas are so simple and go great with this dip, or try warm crusty bread.
Instructions for this easy recipe:
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the ricotta, garlic, honey, pinch of salt, and pepper. Whip in 30 second intervals until light, creamy, and the garlic is incorporated.
- Transfer whipped ricotta mixture into a shallow serving bowl, spoon over the pepper jelly and top with an extra drizzle of honey.
- Serve immediately at room temperature with fresh grilled pitas and garnish with lemon wedges or fresh herbs as garnish.
- If you don’t have a food processor you can whip the ricotta in a mixing bowl using a stand mixer or hand mixer with the whisk attachment.
Whipped ricotta is a great blank canvas, top with cherry tomatoes and a bit of olive oil, or fresh berries with a little bit of honey.
Whipped Ricotta with Pepper Jelly and Grilled Pita’s
- Food Processor or Blender
- 15 oz. Whole Milk Ricotta
- 3 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Pepper jelly
- 4-5 Pita bread rounds, grilled and cut
- Fresh lemon wedges, as garnish
- In the bowl of a food processor combine the ricotta, garlic, honey, salt, and pepper. Whip in 30 second intervals until light, creamy, and the garlic is incorporated.
- Transfer whipped ricotta into a shallow bowl, spoon over the pepper jelly and top with a drizzle of honey.
- Serve immediately with fresh grilled pitas and garnish with lemon wedges.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe?
I would love to see it! Take a picture and post to Instagram with the tag @theheartylife and the hashtag #theheartylife – You can also leave me a question or comment below! If you’ve tried this recipe, feel free to give it a star rating on the recipe above.