This avocado and sweet corn salsa is fresh, spicy, and full of flavor! Perfect served with chips, on tacos, on chili, the options are endless. This recipe comes together quickly and can be customized to your liking. Because the fresh corn does not need to be cooked – it adds a nice crispness. If you like extra spice, add extra jalapeños or a serrano chili!
Grilling the corn adds extra flavor – a cast iron grill pan is an easy way to grill the corn
If you like this avocado and sweet corn salsa, you’ll love…
- Fresh Sweet Corn
- Red Onion
The Perfect Fresh Dip For Summer
Serve as a dip, over chilis or soups, on tacos, or even as a fresh salad.
Instructions for the avocado and sweet corn salsa:
In a large mixing bowl combine the sweet corn kernels, red onion, jalapenos, minced garlic, lime juice and zest. Stir to combine and season to taste with salt. Gently mix in the cubed avocado and serve immediately.
**If you want more heat, leave the seeds in the jalapeños or use a serrano pepper
**Lime and salt can be adjusted to taste
Avocado & Sweet Corn Salsa
- 4 ears Fresh sweet corn, shucked and cut from the cob
- 2-3 large Avocados, cubed
- 1 medium Red onion, finely diced
- 2 medium Jalapeños, seeded and finely diced*
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of one lime
- Cilantro, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sweet corn kernels, red onion, jalapenos, minced garlic, lime juice and zest. Stir to combine and season to taste with salt. Gently mix in the cubed avocado and serve immediately.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe?
I would love to see it! Take a picture and post to Instagram with the tag @theheartylife and the hashtag #theheartylife – You can also leave me a question or comment below! If you’ve tried this recipe, feel free to give it a star rating on the recipe above.