Happy Wednesday, wow has everything lately been so stressful or is that just me. I try to remember what this time of the year is about, and I definitely try to slow down. But everything sneaks up on you so fast, before I know it it’s going to be Christmas. While I’m focused on getting my holiday baking in order, baking everyone needs a plethora of baked goods to snack on. I still like to do some simple, healthy recipes as well. When I made my Tahini & Sea Salt Chocolate Chip Cookies I was talking about my tahini kick, well here is another great use for tahini, I told you it was worth picking up a jar.
In the past I’ve made my share of green dressings, This tahini dressing is so rich and creamy and totally guilt free. I blended some avocado in with the tahini to give it an extra creamy texture, a little sour cream gives a nice rich softness, and fresh herbs and spice make the dressing really pop. While this dressing would be amazing on its on, I had to make the salad a little extra special and add some Cajun shrimp.
The lite spice of the shrimp goes good with the creamy flavor of the dressing. Pair with a very simple salad of mixed greens, cucumber, avocado, and a little radish and you have a very balanced meal.
Start by cleaning our greens, chop your lettuce, cucumber, avocado, and radish, pile on a serving dish. To make the Cajun seasoning combine, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt, oregano, and paprika. Mix to combine and sprinkle on the shrimp. In a saute pan heat oil over medium-high heat, saute shrimp 4-6 minutes until the shrimp is pink, may take longer depending on size. Set the shrimp aside once done cooking.
In a blender combine the tahini, sour cream, avocado, garlic, parsley and salt. Blend until smooth, if the dressing is too thick you can thin it down with a little water or cream. Top the salad with the Cajun shrimp and drizzle with the tahini dressing. Toss to combine and serve!
- 4 cups Mixed Greens
- 1 Daikon Radish, sliced
- 1 Seedless Cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 Avocado, sliced
- 1/2 lb Shrimp, peeled and devained
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
For the Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chili powder
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tso Cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp Salt
For the Dressing
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/4 cup Tahini, stirred
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Bunch of parsley, stems removed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chop the lettuce, cucumber, and radish, slice the avocado and pay out on a serving dish.
- In a blender combine the avocado, tahini, sour cream, garlic, parsley. salt and pepper. Blend to combine if the dressing is too thick you can thin it out with water or cream, set aside.
- To make the Cajun seasoning combine garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, cayenne, chili powder, paprika and salt. Mix to combine and sprinkle over the shrimp.
In a saute pan over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add in the seasoned shrimp and cook until pink, 4-5 minutes, depending on size.
- To the salad with the Cajun shrimp and drizzle with the tahini dressing toss to combine, and serve.