Looking for a different weeknight meal, that is also quick and easy? Than this Thai chicken satay with peanut dipping sauce will be your new go to. Not including marinating the chicken, which can be done the night before. From start to finish this meal only takes about 30 minutes!
Plus, there are so many flavors going on, it’s will be a nice change from your typical weeknight dinner. I love cooking with Thai and Asian flavors, but it’s easy to get lost in the array of different ingredients. This meal is limited on unique ingredients, meaning you will most likely already have everything you need on hand.
I like to cook things on skewers because it can make dinner more interesting, but I did suggest investing in metal skewers. They are very affordable, they are reusable, which we love and they don’t need to be soaked ahead of time, which I also love.
**If using wooden skewers, allow to soak in water for 2-3 hours.
Diced boneless, skinless chicken thighs into even cubes. In a medium mixing bowl combine the coconut milk, salt, sugar, and curry powder. Whisk to combine, add the cubed chicken in and allow to marinate for 2-24 hours. Once the chicken has been marinated thread 4-5 pieces onto each skewer, until all the chicken has been used. I use metal skewers because they are reusable and don’t need to be soaked.
Heat olive oil over medium-high heat, cook 3-4 skewers at a time for 5-6 minutes each, until all the chicken has been cooked. Set aside. In a small saucepan combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, water, minced ginger, and minced garlic. Stir to combine and warm over medium heat. I like to serve this over white rice, so at this point cook white rice according to package directions.
Transfer the peanut sauce into a bowl and transfer the rice onto a serving platter. Lay the skewers over the rice and garnish with chopped peanuts and chopped cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
- 2 Lbs Chicken thighs, cubed
- 14 oz Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Curry Powder
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 2 tsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup White sugar
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger, minced
- 1/2 cup Water
- 3 cups Cooked rice
- Chopped Peanuts, garnish
- Chopped cilantro, Garnish
- **If using wooden skewers, allow them to soak in water for 2-3 hours.
- Combine the coconut milk, salt, sugar, and curry powder, Whisk to combine, add in the cubed chicken thighs. Marinade for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- After chicken has been marinated, thread onto the skewers, I use metal skewers. Thread 4-5 pieces of chicken on each skewer until all the chicken has been used. Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook 3-4 skewers of chicken at a time, until all the chicken has been cooked, Set aside.
- In a small saucepan combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar, minced garlic, minced ginger, and water. Stir to combine, heat over medium heat.
- Transfer the peanut sauce to a bowl. Lay the skewered chicken on a serving platter and serve with cooked rice. Top with chopped peanuts and chopped cilantro as a garnish.