This iced honey and oat milk coffee recipe is light and refreshing. Instant coffee and honey whipped into a sweet foam, topped with ice and oat milk. Similar to Dalgona coffee, this coffee recipe does not call for any artificial sweeteners or flavors. The flavor reminds me of an iced honey latte, with the perfect amount of sweetness. Add in a little ground cinnamon if desired. Made quickly with a handheld milk frother, this will be you new go to coffee recipe!
This whipped coffee recipe is perfect for the coffee lover. Delicious coffee flavor combined with the flavor of honey.
Ever since I tried making this – I can’t stop, my new favorite cup of coffee! It’s so good, anytime of day, but especially during the summer months. I love having this as my new morning coffee. It tastes so rich and creamy but it really is a healthier option to traditional iced coffee. It reminds me of a cold brew coffee with cold foam you would get at a coffee shop, if you know you know. I always have local wildflower honey on hand and love using it in this recipe.
- Lightly sweet
- Easy to make
- Free of artificial sweeteners
- Bold coffee flavor
- Oat milk adds richness
- Instant coffee (found at your local grocery store, could substitute a shot of strong espresso)
- Natural Honey (any local honey will work – clover honey, raw honey, etc.)
- Oat Milk (Almond milk or whole milk will also work)
If you like this Iced Honey and Oat milk Coffee Recipe, you’ll love…
Tools I used for this recipe:
- Milk frother – A handheld milk frother is perfect for quickly whipping the coffee mixture.
- Glass Straws – I love these as an alternative to plastic straws.
- Wooden Mason Jar Lids – I love these! Perfect for making you coffee in a mason jar, just simply pop the lid on top, grab a straw, and you are on the go with your new to go coffee cup.
Does whipped coffee work with honey?
Yes, hot water perfectly dissolves the honey and instant cover together allowing them to whip into a creamy mixture. The sweet whipped coffee combined with oat milk is a delicious mix.
Can you use honey instead of sugar in whipped coffee?
Yes, similar to Dalgona coffee this recipe uses natural sweetness from clover honey.
Perfect for coffee drinkers!
What if you don’t have a handheld milk frother?
You can whip the coffee and honey mixture with a whisk until nice and foamy, or use an electric mixer with the whisk attachment. A French press can also work, quickly pump the filter until a foamy mixture starts to form. Or shake up in a classic mason jar!
Health benefits of honey:
- Good source of antioxidants
- Can soothe an sore throat
- Antibacterial properties
- Good for digestion
- Trace vitamins
- Regular part of a healthy diet
- Lower glycemic index compared to white sugar
- Healthier alternative to sugar
Instructions for the honey coffee recipe:
- In a glass, combine the instant coffee, regular honey, and warm water. Use a milk frother to froth for 10-15 seconds, until slightly fluffy. Top with ice and fill the glass with oat milk. Stir to combine and enjoy!
- Traditional ground coffee does not work the same for this recipe
- Add in a little ground cinnamon or cinnamon sticks for extra flavor!
- Honey is a great natural sweetener, if you like this less sweet add less honey.
- Use an extra teaspoon of coffee if you want a stronger flavor
- Add an extra teaspoon of honey is you want more sweetness and honey flavor
Iced Honey and Oat milk Coffee Recipe
- 2 tsp Instant coffee
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Warm water
- 3/4 cup Oat milk
- In a glass, combine the instant coffee, honey, and warm water. Use a milk frother to froth for 10-15 seconds, until slightly fluffy. Top with ice and fill the glass with oat milk. Stir to combine and enjoy!
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe?
I would love to see it! Take a picture and post to Instagram with the tag @theheartylife and the hashtag #theheartylife – You can also leave me a question or comment below! If you’ve tried this recipe, feel free to give it a star rating on the recipe above.