This 60-minute peanut butter and tahini banana bread is a nutty spin on a classic. Light and airy banana bread loaded with creamy peanut butter and tahini. With just 10 ingredients this bread comes together quickly and couldn’t be easier. Not only is this bread delicious, but it’s also freezer friendly! Perfect for gifting during the holidays or as a fun weekend bake.
How do I freeze my banana bread?
Simply bake according to recipe instructions, allow to cool completely, slice and store in an airtight container or freezer bag for up to 6 months. Slicing before freezing is so much easier, simple take out a slice or two when you want a piece, wrap in a paper towel and microwave for 30-60 seconds until soft and warm! Fresh banana bread anytime, I also like to keep some in the freezer for a last minute house warming gift or addition to a box of baked goods!
Tools I used for this banana bread recipe:
- Non-stick Loaf Pan – there is nothing worse than the corners of your bread sticking to the pan, I’ve had this pan for a few years now and it is still non-stick + easy to clean
- Parchment Paper – parchment paper is such a versatile item to keep on hand. I use this to line my loaf pan after greasing it
- KitchenAid 6 Qt. Stand Mixer – I always recommend a stand mixer as it saves time and helps to keep baked goods consistent.
Peanut butter & tahini keep this banana bread light and airy!
Highlights of this easy recipe:
- Moist crumbs
- Rich sesame flavor
- Creamy peanut butter texture
- Light & airy
- One bowl recipe
- Fluffy texture
If you like this banana bread, you’ll love…
8 Ingredient Banana Bread (my favorite banana bread)
Can I use frozen bananas?
The short answer is yes! I love using frozen bananas, and I always have them on hand. Freezing bananas is a great way to give overripe bananas a second chance. I peel them before freezing, once I am ready to use them I remove how ever many my recipe calls for. Let them sit at room temperature or thaw in the microwave. Drain out any liquid that may have pooled while thawing, mash with a fork, and add as the recipe calls.
This banana bread is the perfect way to incorporate nutty tahini!
What is tahini?
Tahini is a condiment made from toasted, ground sesame seeds. It has a rich, slightly nutty flavor. The consistency is similar to almond butter, but it is lighter in color. Tahini can be used in savory recipes like dressings and marinades as well as sweet recipes like this tahini banana bread and tahini blondies.
Grocery List for the banana bread recipe:
- Peanut butter
- Quarter cup tahini
- Large Eggs, room temperature
- All-purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Sea Salt or kosher salt
- Extra Ripe Bananas
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, grease or line a 9×5 loaf pan, set aside. I like to grease with coconut oil.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or using an electric mixer cream together the softened butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and tahini. Add in the eggs one at a time, and the vanilla. Mix to combine. Add in the mashed banana and gently mix to incorporate.
In a separate medium bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda, mix to combine. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until incorporated, careful not to overmix. Use a rubber spatula to transfer the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack slightly before slicing.
Fold in milk or dark chocolate chips if desired
Top with white sesame seeds or black sesame seeds if desired
This can be made into vegan tahini banana bread by using vegan butter and substituting a flax egg.
Peanut Butter & Tahini Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 2 Eggs, room temperature
- 2-3 Large, Ripe Bananas, mashed
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, grease or line a 9×5 loaf pan, set aside.
- In the bowl of a hand or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment cream together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Mix in the peanut butter and tahini. Add in the eggs one at a time, and the vanilla. Mix to combine. Add in the mashed bananas and gently mix to incorporate.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, and baking soda, mix to combine. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until incorporated, careful not to overmix. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool slightly before slicing.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe?
I would love to see it! Take a picture and post to Instagram with the tag @theheartylife and the hashtag #theheartylife – You can also leave me a question or comment below! If you’ve tried this recipe, feel free to give it a star rating on the recipe above.