These air fryer frozen cheese curds are the ultimate easy snack or appetizer. Simply toss store-bought cheese curds into the air fryer and you have restaurant style curds in minutes. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces such as ranch, sriracha mayo, honey mustard, or marinara. Not only are these perfectly golden brown and crispy but the centers are nice and gooey.
Highlights of the air fryer cheese curds:
- Golden brown and crispy
- Gooey center
- easy snack or appetizer in minutes
- Perfect for game day or movie night
- Family favorite
- Easy clean up
- Squeaky texture
- Few ingredients
- Serve with favorite dipping sauces
Cheese curds go great with homemade ranch dip!
Grocery store list:
- Store-bought cheese curds (could substitute air fryer mozzarella sticks or cheese balls, found in most grocery stores – alternatively you can bread your own curds in egg wash and a panko bread crumbs)
- Olive oil spray
- Dipping sauces of choice
Tools I used for this air fryer recipe:
- Glasslock Glass Food Storage Containers – the square containers are the perfect size for lunches, stain proof, and they are dishwasher safe. Great for storing leftovers.
- Tongs – a must have kitchen tool!
- Instant 6 qt. Air Fryer – Sleek and functional, the perfect size for 2-3 people.
If you like these easy air fryer frozen cheese curds, you’ll love these other easy air fryer recipes…
Meal Prep Air Fryer Beef Meatballs
Quick & Easy Air Fryer Blackened Chicken Bowls
Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Katsu Recipe
Simple method I used for this easy appetizer:
- Preheat air fryer
- Add pre-breaded cheese curds
- Air fry until crispy
- Serve with favorite sauce
Simply toss pre-breaded frozen curds into the base of the air fryer and fry until crispy.
How long do you cook frozen cheese curds in the air fryer?
Frozen cheese curds only need about 4-5 minutes in the air fryer. I would error on less time to begin with so the curds don’t explode!
How do you cook frozen breaded cheese curds?
This is the best way to cook frozen cheese curds with out a deep fryer. To cook frozen breaded cheese curds without the mess of frying in oil, preheat your oven and cook the curds in the air fryer until golden brown and crispy on the outside, gooey on the inside.
What to serve fried cheese curds with?
Serve fried cheese curds with your favorite dipping sauce. Warm marinara sauce, honey mustard, homemade ranch dip, or sriracha aioli are all good options!
Pre-breaded cheese curds make a delicious appetizer without all the work of homemade curds!
Instructions for the breaded cheese curds:
- Preheat your air fryer using the “air fry” setting, at 400 degrees F for 4-5 minutes. Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray, once preheated place cheese curds in a single layer. Cook for 4-5 minutes until crispy, flipping halfway through. Enjoy immediately with your favorite sauce.
*These have the best flavor if served immediately, but leftover cheese curds can be store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days and reheated in the air fryer.
*I find 400 degrees to be the best cooking temperature to get crunchy cheese curds and 4-5 minutes to be the perfect cooking time but you may need to adjust based on the size of the curds or if you have smaller pieces
*If you need to fry curds in batches line a baking sheet with parchment paper and keep curds on there in between batches
*You can fry room temperature curds if needed
- Toss cheese curds in cajun seasoning before serving
- Serve as part of an appetizer board or platter
- Toss curds in Italian seasoning
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of the curds
- Drizzle curds with honey and sprinkle with red pepper flakes
- Toss in garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper
Dip cheese curds in your favorite sauce!
Air Fryer Frozen Cheese Curds
- Air fryer
- 8 oz. Pre-breaded frozen cheese curds
- Dipping Sauce of choice
- Preheat your air fryer using the "air fry" setting, at 400 degrees F for 4-5 minutes. Spray the basket with cooking spray, once preheated add in the pre-breaded cheese curds. Cook for 4-5 minutes until crispy, flipping halfway through. Enjoy immediately with your favorite sauce.
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe?
I would love to see it! Take a picture and post to Instagram with the tag @theheartylife and the hashtag #theheartylife – You can also leave me a question or comment below! If you’ve tried this recipe, feel free to give it a star rating on the recipe above.
MaryMay 26, 2023 at 9:26 PM
Love how crispy these are! And they are ready so quick using the air fryer!
RachelMay 30, 2023 at 7:46 AM
Thanks for trying them out!