This creamy apple cider vinaigrette salad dressing is so quick & simple. Made with olive oil, garlic, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and more. This dressing can be easily customized and is great on cold lettuce salads, over warm roasted vegetable salad, or on pasta salad. This is a great homemade dressing recipe, that will also keep in the fridge for weeks!
Highlights of this creamy apple cider vinaigrette dressing:
- Made with simple ingredients
- No additives or preservatives unlike store-bought dressings
- Added health benefits from apple cider vinegar
- Can be used as a marinade
- Stays fresh in the fridge for weeks
- Cheap to make
- Just seven ingredients to make the base
- Creamy texture
Variations & serving ideas for this easy recipe:
- Serve over warm roasted vegetable salad
- Add in poppy seeds or dried herbs
- Drizzle over pasta salad
- Use as a chicken marinade
- Serve as a dipping sauce for chicken tenders
- Use as a dressing for lettuce salads
- Toss over potato salad
Making your own salad dressing is cheap & easy, plus you avoid any nasty preservatives!
Grocery store list & substitutions for the creamy vinaigrette:
- Unfiltered apple cider vinegar (could substitute balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar)
- Dijon mustard (could substitute whole grain mustard or spicy mustard)
- Fresh lemon juice (could substitute orange juice)
- Kosher salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil (could substitute any neutral olive oil such as avocado oil)
- Honey (could use maple syrup or agave)
- Garlic cloves (alternatively you could use fine diced red onions or shallots)
- Fresh herbs, if desired
Homemade vinaigrette is easily customized!
If you like this salad dressing, you’ll love these other simple salad recipes…
Fall Kale Salad (one of my favorite fall salads)
Tools I used for this delicious dressing:
- Apple Cider Vinegar – this is the brand I love!
- Glass Bottles – I love these for storing dressings, you can easily shake once ready to use!
- Small Whisk – perfectly for quickly whisking up this dressing
What are the health benefits of apple cider vinegar?
Full of probiotics and good for you bacteria, apple cider vinegar can do a ton of things. It can boost weight loss and healthy cholesterol, fermentation makes this a powerful antioxidant, it can boost healthy blood sugar, and it can also boost acid in the stomach.
How long does apple cider vinaigrette last?
Homemade apple cider vinegar salad dressing can last up to a month stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Can you mix olive oil and apple cider vinegar?
Yes! The base of the dressing is made from extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar.
Instructions for the simple dressing:
- In a small mixing bowl combine the olive oil, Dijon, apple cider vinegar, honey, garlic, whisk with a wire whisk or shake well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste, transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 weeks!
*You can also add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until creamy, or use an immersion blender.
Whisk the homemade dressing together in a bowl or combine in a mason jar and shake vigorously to mix!
Creamy Apple Cider Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2-3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl combine the olive oil, Dijon, apple cider vinegar, honey, garlic, whisk or shake well to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste, transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 weeks!
Nutritional information is only an estimate. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed.
Did you make this recipe?
I would love to see it! Take a picture and post to Instagram with the tag @theheartylife and the hashtag #theheartylife – You can also leave me a question or comment below! If you’ve tried this recipe, feel free to give it a star rating on the recipe above.