Meal prepping is a great way to save time and money. In this post I share 24 tips and tricks for stress-free meal prep. I have linked some of my favorite meal prep accessories and where to find them! Check out my meal prep section for easy weekly recipes.
Table of contents:
Meal Prep Tips:
- Plan ahead – plan you weekly meals in advance to save time and money. Use the printables below to help you stay organized!
- Get creative with what you already have – swap ingredients in a recipe for items you have on hand.
- Buy in bulk – save money and time by buying pantry staples in bulk. Items like rice, pasta, beans, and canned items are great to keep on hand. This also cuts down on waste!
- Shop sales – base meals around sale items like beef and poultry to save money, take advantage of BOGO sales, shop around at different stores.
- Take advantage of your freezer -along with shopping sales and buying in bulk, stock up on items that are freezer friendly. Store chicken, beef, veggies, and much more in the freezer.
- Plan meals around seasonal items – save money and get the best produce by purchasing seasonally. Plan your meals around in season fruits and vegetables to avoid paying out of season costs.
- Meal prep shouldn’t cause more stress, so pick recipes and meals that are easy to shop for and easy to cook/store. I listed some good ideas below!
Some ways you can meal prep:
- Reheat meals – fully cooked meals that just need reheated.
- Batch meals – prepare many different ingredients that can be mixed and matched
- Ingredient prep – prep individual items to have available throughout the week. Some examples are,
- Fresh fruits and veggies
- Hard boiled eggs
- Granola or granola bars
- Chia seed pudding
- Energy bites
- Beverages – make your own cold brew coffee, teas, and flavored water to last the week
- Make-ahead freezer meals – perfect for easy weeknight meals
Meal Prep Printables:
Use any of these free printables to plan ahead and keep your meal prep organized!
Click on an image to get a printable version!
Weekly Meal Plan:
Monthly Meal Plan
Weekly Lunch Plan:
Must-have Meal Prep Accessories:
Not only can meal prepping be better for your wallet, it can also be better for the environment. By using reusable, no-waste products such as glass food containers, reusable plastic bags, on the go silverware sets, and washable napkins. Below are some of my favorite meal prep accessories!